Friday, June 22, 2007

3 weeks until the wedding. (Or 15 more packing days until we leave, as my mother informed me this morning.)

I actually enjoyed giving a wedding shower, by the way. Hosting a party has distinct advantages over attending one, for the introvert: as long as I have something useful to do, I never feel awkward. The bride and groom flew in for the weekend and were unbelievably cute. We played only one game, in which only the guests of honor had to answer the questions, and the rest of the guests got to laugh at their attempts to guess each other's answers. The chicken salad wilted, and the aunt who was bringing the decorations didn't arrive until half an hour before the party was to begin, but what fun would a party be without some minor crises to overcome?

I'm sure that all crises attending the wedding itself will also be resolved in the nick of time, as is common practice. I'm just glad I'm not the one who has to deal with them. All I have to do is fuss about helpfully during the last few days, smile delightedly at everything, and appear in due bridesmaid attire at the appropriate time (having returned the previously selected shoes and bought the new ones the bride has now decided upon).

2 Comments:

Blogger Pinon Coffee said...

Yay showers!

12:09 AM, June 30, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

People should read this.

2:50 AM, November 11, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home